Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November: The Month of Food

In case you were wondering, we had butternut squash risotto:














Made by me.

So this year for Halloween it seemed like it was canceled or something. No one decorated, and we had a total of three groups come by our house and trick or treat. It was depressing. But I still had my Halloween fun in the form of Disneyland.















My cousin, my mum, and I went to Mickey's Halloween Party. I was the Red Queen and my cousin was a dinosaur. It was pretty awesome, and a lot of fun. The next day we were in Disneyland and spent time there. We came home on Halloween and everywhere it didn't seem like Halloween was happening.

I still had my Halloween spirit by decorating our house to look like Fleet Street. It was pretty cool I had a display of meat pies (made out of tissue paper) in our front window and a cut out of Sweeney Todd in the upstairs window with blood splatters on the window.

Sadly I have not done much cooking but if you get a chance check out Alton Brown's Halloween episode for this year, it was pretty hilarious and cool.

I will be cooking again soon, though since it is November and that means food and lots of it.

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment