Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween and Ike's

I know it's November but alas I still attended one last Halloween party while we were still in the spirits. My close friend had a little Halloween party at her house and I couldn't help but make something. I saw Alton Brown's new Halloween episode of Good Eats and he made candied apples and I decided to make them for the party. They turned out pretty good (although I had never had a candied apple before) only every time I would try to take a bite and my nose would get sticky.



















So today, while looking for a place to live, my mum, brother, and I went to Ike's Place and got sandwiches. The good thing about this place is they have a lot of vegan choices which includes gluten free bread. And they are really good, don't just take my word for it, you can see by the long line of people outside.

This is what we got:
My mum- Eli Manning on sourdough bread
My brother- The Joker on sourdough bread
Me- Tony Soprano on gluten free bread

Warning: these sandwiches will fill you up like crazy.

How did we know about it? Man vs. Food

More recipes posted soon and I will post my holiday food...once I make it.

_Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. Your candied apples were delicious btw!

    I have never eaten at Ike's Place. But I heard amazing things about it. I have to try it next time I'm in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete