Monday, September 20, 2010

Epic Fail


A few weekends ago I went home and I really wanted cookies so I went ahead and made myself some cookies. At first I was going to make chocolate chip cookies, but as I was flipping through the cookbook I saw lemon tea cookies and decided to make those.

I don't really know what happened but they came out as flat as pancakes and could not get them off of the pan (well I did but it took a lot of scraping with a spatula). SO in the end I had a bunch of cookie crumbs left over.

The day before my mum and I could not resist buying form figs at the store that looked really good, so that gave me an ideas.

I took those crumbs and made them into a crust. I mixed the figs with some honey and I put that in the glorious oven. When it came out it smelled amazing but when I tried to cut and serve the pie it didn't turn out so great and looked more like a cobbler.

So I topped it off with some yogurt and am calling it my ancient cobbler, which started off as cookies and then became a pie.

The picture does not make it look good, but it was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself, my mum would agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment